Our attorneys have:
- Represented official committees of creditors appointed by the United States Trustee in chapter 11 cases.
- Represented landlords and tenants in proceedings to assume or reject commercial leases.
- Represented bankruptcy trustees in chapter 7 and chapter 11 cases.
- Obtained confirmation of a chapter 11 plan.
- Been appointed by the United States Trustee as a trustee, and as an examiner, in chapter 11 cases.
- Served as a chapter 7 Trustee.
- Defended creditors against actions to recover preferences and other alleged avoidable transfers.
- Successfully prosecuted and defended bankruptcy appeals before the Bankruptcy Appellate Panel, the United States District Court, and the Ninth Circuit.
- Acted as attorneys of record in bankruptcy cases pending throughout the country, including multiple appearances in Arizona, Delaware, New York, Illinois, Nevada, and Texas.
- Obtained relief from the automatic stay so that our clients may proceed with foreclosures and evictions or prosecute lawsuits pending in state and federal courts.
Kirby & McGuinn is not a “debt relief agency.” We do not represent debtors whose debts consist primarily of consumer debts.
Here are answers to some Frequently Asked Questions about Commercial Bankruptcy
Attorneys Specializing in Commercial Bankruptcy
Read Our Blog